Review of ESYA 11 @ IIIT, Delhi
ESYA’11 was the first ever tech fest organized by Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIIT-D). Esya, the word meaning exploration, was truly one of its kind – it was indeed a discovery of talents of sorts! The convenor Naman Jain, along with his team of organizers, though being amateurs, put up a great show and made it a grand success. The best part was that there was something for everybody, as the events were not limited to technical and engineering fields (as one would usually expect), but a lot more diverse. Events ranged from social entrepreneurship to B-Plan, to exciting games for avid PS3 gamers, to mobile programming and a lot more. An interesting part of the fest was that a Blood Donation Camp was organized – a thought provoking event giving the event a more humane touch that forces one to stop for a moment and contribute their bit for the society and the ailing.
Okay, now let’s have a quick look at some interesting facts about the event:
- There was a total of 14 events organized
- A total of 1000 people participated in 3 events alone with their major success being Hunt-IT, seeing a participation of 300 students from across different colleges.
- XQuizIT saw a participation of more than 80 teams.
- There were grand prizes given away to the proud winners.
- A proper security system with 2 PCR Vans was maintained to ensure smooth functioning of the whole 3-Day event.
Now for a few words straight from the horse’s mouth. The convenor, Naman Jain, on being asked about his experience of the show delightfully said, “These few weeks have been really tiring as we have been working really hard, but looking at the enthusiasm of the participants, we feel motivated!”
All in all, it was a well organized and well executed event.